Oklahoma Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust has awarded nearly $4.6 million to fund 11 community projects aimed at improving health outcomes in the state. The projects, funded by TSET, will focus on enhancing infrastructure and promoting physical activity, which can lead to reduced risk for obesity, heart disease, and stroke.
The 11 awardees and their respective projects are listed in the funding breakdown below:
* Development of plans for community parks and trail systems – $250,000
* Improvements to community fitness centers – $500,000
* Creation of ADA-compliant sidewalks and playgrounds – $750,000
* Community garden development – $375,000
* Construction of outdoor fitness equipment – $225,000
* Development of walking trails around schools – $250,00