No Widgets found in the Sidebar
22-year-old job seeker mistakenly declared dead

In September, the family of Tyler Chase received notification that he had died from a drug overdose, only to learn three months later that the body was actually that of someone else. The news of his passing came as a shock to his loved ones, who were devastated by the loss.

Chase had been staying at a rehab center and was sober for several months. One day, when he tried to use his food stamps at a department store, he realized his credit card was no longer active. This led him to suspect something was wrong, as he was desperately seeking employment. He went to authorities to resolve the issue and was informed that a death certificate had been filed in his name.

Chase’s family was mistakenly notified of his death and the body was cremated without being properly identified. When Chase discovered this mistake, he contacted the Portland Police who went to the rehab center where he was staying to investigate the situation. Ultimately, it was discovered that a man living at the rehab center died from an overdose and was mistakenly identified as Chase.

The entire ordeal led Tasha Rosales, Chase’s cousin, to raise over a thousand dollars for his cremation. At first she thought it was all a hoax but eventually she came to realize how easily her cousin could have met the same fate. The Multnomah County spokesperson expressed deep regret for the misidentification and new procedures were put in place to prevent such errors from happening again.

Despite everything that happened, Tyler Chase managed to find work in Portland helping homeless people which made him realize how lucky he is every day just for being alive.

By Editor

Leave a Reply